God Bless America

If you are like me, this time of the year I love because of the sports. There is always a game on Saturday and if you are lucky your team may even win a few games. While watching the Alabama versus Tennessee game I came away feeling good about a Bama victory. However, there was something that happened at the end of the  Tennessee pick-six (for their only score.) The picture above shows what happened. After thought, to me it kind of depicts what the country is going through right now. If you look at the gesture the player does and then each face in the stands, it's the same when we hear and see things on the news now. There are a few that enjoy the conflict by joining (either for or against) just like in the picture. Both teams have a side celebrating with them or shouting against the other very loudly.
Fortunately, the majority of us are shocked but our reactions are not to join in. The guy on the bottom right with the hat covering most of his face sort of reminds me of myself. I'm not joining in on what I know is wrong. Then there is one up on the left that looks like he heard a curse word for the first time in his life. It's really humorous to pick each face out and study.
Finally, I have playd and watched sports for a very long time and I can honestly say I didn’t expect to see anything like that. I do know if that had happened while I was playing:
 1. First I would need to call someone for a ride home.
 2. I would be running hills everyday after practice (for punishment.)
 And
3. I would be too embarrassed because of the score at the time.
 Things have changed.
The “I don’t care” attitude has taken over some of our society and it looks like it’s the majority. Just remember the faces in the crowd and the reactions. We who care are still the majority. Don’t let the ugly pull you in. There are still enough of out here to be a descent and caring country.
God Bless America     


Comments

The Most Viewed Posts