Gulf Stream by Winslow Homer

 
 
I don't know why I am still drawn to this painting. With all that is going on around him the expression on this drifter is at ease. I am reminded of this painting and the expression during tough times in my life. God is in control and will never put more on you than you can handle. This was also the very first painting that I copied to exact measurements.  As a college assignment, we were instructed to use the same techniques as the original painter (Winslow Homer). At the time I had was very upset to have to create something that someone else had already made money on. Needless to say that assignment disciplined me and allowed me to appreciate the step process.
However, I have not copied any other painting and my copied artwork still hangs in my mother’s home. 


Comments

The Most Viewed Posts