High Five Inventor

http://espn.go.com/espn/story/_/page/Mag15historyofthehighfive/who-invented-high-five
 
 The Beginning of The High Five
 
Oh how well I remember that day. I was about eleven years old and had just three sixtied a dunk in the Whittaker Elementary school yard basketball court. At that time I think it was the first dunk ever done also. I turned around and there was a young fella with a not pad and pen sitting near the court. This was the first time that I had seen him there. So, I walked up to him with curiosity. Immediately he jumped up...still excited in seeing that three sixty. He asked what was that. I said ...oh that was a dunk.  "Wow!" He said as he jumped up trying to imitate it. I didn't realize that at the time. My hand went up also and they met in mid air. The sound echoed throughout the playground. It was then that I realized that we had done something good. We slapped hands again. This time everyone was looking. Soon everyone was doing it when they felt good or did something extra ordinary.
 
So I guess it was the little fella on the side of the court that day that invented the High-five. That little boy with the note pad was of course Brian Williams.

Click the hands above to read someone else's version.

Comments

The Most Viewed Posts