Don’t Forget The Truth

Recently, a person that I frequently did business with died. The death of anyone is tragic. However, this death was more tragic than any that I have known.

The many visits that I made to his office could not be over fast enough for me. If I told you the service, you would no doubt agree with me. It wasn't that he was a bad person or evil person. There were two reasons for my wanting swift visits.
(1). The type service he did (Hint: Drill).
(2). His over bearing sense of self-prominence.

Needless to say, there was little time for me to witness to him because of my haste to get in and get out. Through the brief conversation from the very first visit, he did know my love for Christ but I was shocked and sadden later to learn that he was an atheist.

My Bible tells me that no one will reach Heaven without the acknowledgement of God and His Son. A look back now to the many visits to his office does not bring to mind any open sign of an atheist. Which had me to ask myself what was I suppose to look for. Was he supposed to wear a sign with it on his head or post it at the door?
I think not.

However, there was something that I forgot to do. As a Christian I have only one assignment and that is to spread the Truth. The Truth is, according to the Bible, the Word of God. And, the Word of God is that Jesus Christ is the only way to live an eternal life in Heaven.

Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life. John 5:24

The only assignment of every Christian is to spread the true Word of God. We cannot force anyone to accept it. The choice to accept it or deny it is the way God has done it since Adam and Eve. It will not change. So, in all that you do don’t forget your assignment which is to spread the Truth.

Don’t forget the Truth.

Comments

The Most Viewed Posts