Friday, August 04, 2017

The Rules of Being A Pedestrian or Driver


If you are walking, jogging or running you are a what is called a pedestrian. And, if you are on a bicycle on the road you are considered a vehicle and you must abide by the rules of a driver.

Often I see people walking or jogging (on a road without a side walk) on the wrong side of the road. The wrong side of the road for a pedestrian is the side where you are not facing the on coming vehicles.

 I also see the same with cyclist. The wrong side for a cyclist is where you are facing on coming vehicles.

Maybe these people I see are doing this intentionally. However, I think that most do it out of ignorance of the rules of the road.



http://www.pedbikeinfo.org/community/tips_bicyclist.cfm
 

You would think  that this article is about kids but that's not the case. I see adults as well as kids doing the same thing. Growing up, I can remember being drilled on the rules over and over. As a matter of fact we even had days where we practiced the signals in class to make sure we knew how to do them. I don't know if this is still done or not. For your own safety as well as drivers please use the rules of the road. I don't understand why you wouldn't want to take all precautions to be safe or to teach your kids safety.


http://www.pedbikeinfo.org/community/tips_pedestrian.cfm

 
Please Be Safe
Your Life Depends On It. 

Meditate Day and Night

  How blessed is the man who does not walk in the counsel of the wicked, Nor stand in the path of sinners, Nor sit in the seat of scoff...